Launched in June, the Finnish government has implemented a Fast Track Service aiming to expedite the residence permit application process for specialists, start-up entrepreneurs, EU Blue Card, ICT residence permit applicants and their family members.
- Applicants are required to apply for a residence permit application on the Finnish immigration portal Enter Finland.
- If the application is completed, the applicants will be required to prove their identity and have their fingerprints taken in the Finnish consulate abroad within 5 working days of submitting the application.
- Also required, is that the employer includes their employment details within 2 days from submission.
- Residence permit applications should be processed within 14 days.
Then, once approved, applicants have two options:
- Wait abroad to receive their residence permits to enter Finland.
- Visa-required nationals can apply for a long-stay (D) visa to enter Finland and a Schengen visa waiver would permit entry to Finland on their valid passport.
If choosing the second option, applicants will obtain their final residence card upon entry.
If you are currently looking to employ global talent, or need support or advice in executing your Global Mobility strategy give us a call. We have years of experience in the field, and can fully support you at every stage of your Global talent management process.
Our immigration updates are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for legal or scenario-specific advice. Furthermore, it is important to note that immigration announcements are subject to sudden and unexpected changes. If you have any further questions, or want more info about our services, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 939188