Following the increased number of work permit applications from individuals wanting to relocate from Russia, the Federal Employment Agency in Germany has announced that work authorization (pre-approval with the Labour Office) is not required for visas issued until 30 September 2022.
This automatic approval is only valid until 30 September 2022, and is conditional upon the employee meeting the following requirements:
- The employee resides or habitually resides in Russia
- The employee is employed by the international group in Russia
- Visa application is to continue the employee’s employment, located at the German branch of the international company
- Application must be eligible to apply for following employment category: EU Blue Card, Skilled Workers, Specialists or IT experts
- The employee must receive a minimum salary of EUR 43,992 gross per year or EUR 50,760 gross per year for IT experts
The requirement for the work authorization approval of the Labour Office being waived will reduce the processing time of the overall application, however the visa application is still required and there are currently significant delays in obtaining an appointment at the German Consulate in Russia and also to the processing time of the visa application.
If you need support or advice in executing your Global Mobility strategy give us a call. We have years of experience in the field, and can fully support you at every stage of your Global talent management process.
Our immigration updates are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for legal or scenario-specific advice. Furthermore, it is important to note that immigration announcements are subject to sudden and unexpected changes. If you have any further questions, or want more info about our services, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 939188