Vacancy : 1
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE COMPANY:
At our client’s institute for global change, they work with political leaders around the world to drive change. Their mission is to help governments turn bold ideas into reality, benefiting their people. They achieve this by advising on strategy, policy, and delivery, and leveraging the power of technology. By sharing their on-the-ground experiences, they aim to benefit a wider audience. Their goal is to build open, inclusive, and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
They are a diverse global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in over 30 countries across five continents. This team consists of political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists, and more, speaking over 45 languages. Currently, they are involved in over 100 projects, addressing some of the world’s most significant challenges.
Believing in the strength of diversity in background and perspective, especially in a world of complex challenges, the institute prides itself on a culture that values and nurtures differences. They are committed to unlocking potential, not only for the countries they serve but also for each team member. They welcome anyone passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics to join them in building a better future.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
The Operations Manager will be either directly responsible for implementing the tasks below or will provide oversight of staff and departments that perform these functions.
Business setup and support
- Financial management; support with problem solving issues that arise, supporting setting up bank accounts and management of cash in-country.
- Support in setting up appropriate office locations and ensure a facilities list is kept up to date for your area of responsibility
- Liaise with Legal and Finance teams to ensure adequate documentation and support with ad-hoc requests related to the setup of the TBI entity in KSA.
- Facilitate and support office registrations; support the management in getting all constitutional and trade documents renewed for the offices.
- Facilitate and support work permit, residency, visa and immigration related documentation including and final arrangements.
- Ensure all visa, medical and labour permits are up to date and arranging for timely renewal.
- Handling corporate-related works with public entities such as the Ministry of Labor & Social Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as General Organization for Insurance (GOSI) & General Authority of Zakat & Tax (GAZT) QIWA etc.
- Registration and renewals of the company’s accounts with the Ministry of Labor & Social Development, GOSI, General Authority of Zakat & Tax (GAZT) & registration of required local addresses (WASEL)
- Maintaining the GOSI, Muqeem, and other admin portals with additions, removals, and updates.
- Be up to date with regards to any changes or amendments to the prevailing laws / rules / regulations, changes in forms / formats and other procedures and keep the office manager advised of such changes.
- Assist office admin /facility/utilities/lease agreement/employee accommodation/etc., as required.
- Attestation of documents on daily basis or whenever required.
- Follow up any admin matters with the authorities.
Ongoing business support functions
- IT: liaise with central IT support and HR onboarding teams, to ensure that all staff have adequate IT equipment.
- HR and staffing: liaise with central HR teams to manage onboarding of new staff, advise country staff on HR and staffing policies, ensure team members in country have the correct right to work permit/visas. Scheduling staff’s visa, medical, coordinating with other internal and external departments. Arrange, process, and submit documents for different types of visa applications (temporary work visa, resident work visa, visit visa, family visa, re-entry visas, etc.).
- Admin: support the Country Director and country leadership team with logistics support.
- Travel: Ensure the consistent use of and adherence to the TBI travel management system and procedures.
- Support visa applications and arrival procedures of international staff and visitors to the office.
- Onboard and oversee local vendors including cleaners, local IT etc.
- Ensure local government and company policies are being followed regarding protocols and procedures.
- Liaise with the Global Security and Operations Team to ensure protocols are followed and identify and flag operational risks to the Country Director.
- Support projects with leadership visits and events as needed in the region with the logistics coordination between the teams involved.
- Monitor and send country security updates to the Global Security and Operations Team.
- Participate in the crisis management team in the event of a medical or security emergency.
- Maintain location monthly finance tracker and petty cash.
- Manage financial activities in compliance with TBI policy and procedures.
- Support the Country Director and team in central financial management including preparing requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments; monitoring budget expenditures and maintaining a proper record of budgets and spending.
Safety, security and access
- With support from the Global Operations and Security team, contribute to the development of country level security SOPs that are contextually appropriate to the risk to TBI staff and activities in country.
- Maintain an active network with other agencies as well as key interlocutors to ensure that TBI understands the security context. Notify the Country Director and Global and Security and Operations Team when the political or security situation may impact TBI’s staff or activities.
- Ensure that any violation of safety and security rules as well as security incidents are reported to the Country Director and Global Operations and Security team.
- Ensure that all TBI locations are compliant with fire regulations and equipped with firefighting equipment where necessary.
- Act as the point of contact in country to carry our security tasks as directed by the Global Security and Operations team.
- Maintain an up-to-date country Flap sheet and communications tree.
It is also expected that the post holder will cover any other duties as required where capacity and availability permits. These duties will be communicated in advance and agreed with the Country Director where possible.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The individual should work to the highest standard with a keen attention to detail delivering workable solutions to various teams with competing priorities.
It is essential you proactively engage with the business and be bold in their approach, working to make change for the better and improve operational efficiency and reduce the threat to our people, assets and reputation. Be an ambassador for the team and build trust with those with whom they engage. You should also be solution orientated.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the majority of the following:
- Experience in financial management/support
- Relevant experience delivering administrative support in an efficient manner
- International exposure a plus
- An ability to think critically and elevate risks to the Country Director effectively
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to resolving problems
- An ability to work in an organised and methodical manner
- Strong sense of ethics and discretion required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- The successful candidate will be a citizen of Saudi Arabia